Thursday, January 07, 2010

Searching for a place to live in Virginia/DC

Its my 5th day in VA now & last day of the first week of year 2010. The next struggle is to find a place to live. Craigslist & sulekha.com is the place to do it, not like old days when we need to wander looking for "To-Let" signs (which we used to think of as Toilet, lol). I did it recently in Boston & managed to find a place somehow where I survived for a month.... I mean lived for a month. It was actually fair enough. had nice roommates, decent place, a bed of my own in a room of my own (living room actually, but designated to me. how cool is that!!). The days of corporate living are gone, where I had 1 or even 2 bedroom fully furnished apartments (I mean really furnished, with everything from bed, linens, drawers, sofas, TV, everything in kitchen... i mean just everything for a luxury housing) just for me. With latest corporate cars from corporate rental with gas (in US, petrol is called gas. As we kow that they like to do things different from rest of the world) paid as well. So those days are gone & the new days are on, Full-On!!

No comments: