Saturday, January 30, 2010

Driving in Snow/Ice

It's been snowing all day today, all day!! When I woke up in morning I saw everything around the house covered with snow, including my car. And it was still snowing with chilly cold out there. I didn't have the snow-scrapper for car so I borrowed it form my housemate & cleaned the car. Took me 10-15 mins because there was so much snow!! I was frezing out there. And then driving in snow, or ice which is worst.. hmmmm!! Few things to take care while driving in snow/ice:
  • Drive Slow. Be 10-15 miles below the speed limit and probably drive on the side lane or where you see road with less snow/ice. Don't worry if there's traffic beind you, just go as slow as you feel comfortable.
  • Keep distance. Keep enough distance from the car ahead of you, curbs, signs, sidewalks & ofcourse people. If you see people, just slow down or stop & let them pass by.
  • Do not apply sudden brakes, apply them slowly. Good to have TCS & ABS at such times.
  • Pay attention on the road. No phone calls, distarcting music or anything. You need to know what's happening around you!!.

Being careful while driving in snow/ice is very-very important. I learned that from experience. I bought a snow-scrapper from CVS yesterday for $8 but I might return it as I am not sure if I need to use it. Anyways, Enjoy Snow & Drive Safe... to everyone else, PEACE!!

No comments: