Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Racial Profiling/Discrimination in US, Again!!

I wrote a blog about Racial Profiling 2 days back & here comes another incident today itself. I went to this sports bar called BREAKERS here in Herndon, with my four new friends from my college. I go to the bar & the bartender (a bald young guy, ofcourse white!!) asks me for my ID. I show him my driving license which I got in Kansas. He checks it & denies accepting it saying it doesn’t looks real. What???? Really?????? WTF??????????? A valid driver's license issued by legal US Authorities, the DMV Kansas looks fake to that dumb stupid guy. I mean, really?????? I have had that card for more than 1.5 years and no one, no one ever has questioned it ever. At any damn place!! This is a card issued by US Authorities and any person with even a minute level of intelligence or little brain would and should understand that. But not for a real jerk standing at the bar as a bartender!!!! The douchebag, even denied my friends license from DMV Alabama. What's happening here?? He sees four brown people entering a bar and he doesn’t likes it, right?? Well... I went to the manager and he knew me already as I go there often, he accepted the mistake and said he'll fix it. I don't think he apologized actually, but he was cool. He kinda knows me and was okay. But the reason I am writing this blog is, what is this?? It never even happened in Boston, which I say is the most racist city I have seen. I will go to Breakers again and have fun as usual. But this incident was surprising, annoying and disturbing as well. Didn't expect this in Virginia… That guy, the bartender there tonight, was really @%$#! (I can't think of a bad word which I can write openly) Afterall, This is not our Country!!

No comments: