Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rajdhani Temple & Dollar Tree


Today is Tuesday and I keep fast on Tuesdays. For part religious & part health reasons. Religious as in its a day of Lord Hanuman and people fast for that (you'll get a nice husband they say, considering the fact that Hanuman Jee was baal-brhamachaari how exactly does that happenes??). I understand that fasting once a week is good for health. it cleanses body and makes us stronger. I just eat fruits & milk today. No grains specifically and no sugar, salt, spices or any oil/fat as well. I've been doing it for more than an year now and I am quite fit as you know (Really??). I also went to Rajdhani Temple today (3rd time in 4 days, I didn't go even once when I stayed here earlier.. wow!!) and particicpated in Arti/Puja, it was nice. I remember Hanuman Chalisa completely so sung it aloud and other bhajans-keertans as well. Took the prasadam laddu which I can't eat yet as I am on fast (was almost tempted to eat that besan ka laddu, yum!!).
Then went to Dollar Tree. OMG, Dollar Stores suck... why? They have a board at entry that 'pick a cart, because you will need one'. And yeah, the cart was so full by the time I was half done. Everything there is for one dollar, grocery, food, utensils, home stuff, bathroom stuff, decoratives, medicines.. I mean everything!! And I just keep picking stuff seeing it's so cheap so I can definitely find some use for it somewhere. Atleast ends up spending 40-50 dollars. Well, they are not bad as they have some nice stuff for so cheap. Just too bad for someone like me who has addictive shopping, specially at cheap deals or great bargains. Yesterday I did nothing actually. Just cooked my famous Pachranga/Gamda Daal, it was actually nice. Nothing special I think so I'll close for now. Thanks & Take Care... JAI HANUMAN!!

No comments: