Monday, January 25, 2010

Racial Profiling/Discrimination in US... First Time!!

Just thinking here about being of a different race in US, not a white or black or.... I had my first incident of mild Racial Profiling for the first time in USA when I was coming to Virginia from Boston in Amtrak. What happened? I was sitting in train watching movie when a Police Officer suddenly came & asked me, "Can I talk to you for a min, Sir". Yeah, he called me Sir. I said sure & went with him towards the train doors. He asked for my ID & started asking questions about me, where I am form, what I do where am going & why. Tells me that there are lots of police on the train and he's doing a random security check (really?? all the randomness makes you pick just a brown south East Asian guy!!). I answered all his questions and he was noting all that information in a notebook. I said I understand that he's just doing his job for our security and it's okay. He didn't bother me much though & asked how was my first Amtrak ride & I said it was okay (till then!!). Anyways, it wasn’t too bad & mostly it's okay. Boston sucked big time though, seemed like most racist city in world I have seen. These things are part of being a so called Alien. After all, it's not our country!!!! Read more here...

No comments: