Saturday, January 23, 2010

Resume vs Curriculum Vitae

I didn't know that Resume and Curriculum Vitae (CV) are different. I thought my beautiful 5 page document was a nice resume. Turns out I was wrong!! A resume has to be 1 or 2 pages at max. I found this at my college class, so they are actually teaching us something... Resume is just a short document which summarises your career & experience. CV are more detailed and elaborate. I checked it online and this information is correct. No one ever told me that till now.... Well, I am updating my 5 page CV to 2 page resume now. Also creating a cover letter which I always thought was lame. But I am in job market searching for job now, so I need to all the right things. So this was about my 3rd lecture at college. I went in my car like last week, driving at almost 70 miles/hour (110+ km/hr) on the freeway. Reached there in less than 30 mins cool. Fun of the car, it's nice!! Everything else is nice as well.... Take Care!!

3 comments:

Ganesh L said...

Hey man -- didnt realize you were here. How is it going?

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to select a correct partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Rahul T. said...

Hey Ganesh, nice seeing you after long time. It's going "not so eay & fun", but it's going. I am quite regular so all's here on this blog, if you have time to read :) Thanks for visiting & commenting (atlast!!), catch you sometime soon!!