Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Jagjit Singh, the Indian ghazal king is dead :-(

Another death of a master of his craft, after the last one. Jagjit Singh, the Indian ghazal king & maestro died yesterday. He made me really like ghazals, or lets just say that I only liked 'his ghazals'. I read this song hothon se chhulo tum in my dad's youth diary and heard it few times too & loved it. Then later I heard some his other ghazals in movies & loved almost all of them. He had such a melody in his voice, such compassion & such music. With in a week, this is another BIG loss for all of us!!

On a different note, Netflix has taken a full U-turn about split & Qwikster spin-off. They are not going to split the company, make 2 accounts & all that. That was a stupid idea to begin with anyways, glad they realized that. They are still going to keep the price raise, that sucks. But I am still subscribed to both Blu-ray & Streaming!!



It's Amitabh Bachchan's birthday today - Happy-Happy B'day Amit jee, the Big B!!

No comments: