Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Diwali.. Shubh Deepawali!!

So finally this year, I really celebrated Diwali. Atleast the most Diwali I have celebrated here, the way we used to in India. Basically, because my parents are here (like hear, not hair). Had lavish Indian lunch of chhole-puri (yum-yum). Had Gulab Jamun, Besan Laddoo & Gujhiya for sweets, home-made. We did evening Lakshmi-Ganesh puja & aarti etc, lit diyas all over house & all that. Didn't do firecrackers (patakhas), I didn't do that much in India either - lot of pollution & money wastage I think. We used to go to neighbors & friend's home to deliver Diwali Sweets & they'll bring in our home for us. We'll be loking if they got as anything good, or special or better than what mom made (which is impossible). Lot of FUN. We also watched Yamla Pagla Deewana (6/10) which is a decent fun masala movie. Had a good day, had a good Diwali. Happy Diwali to you, Shubh Deepawali!!