Monday, February 22, 2010

Study just before exams, watch movies after!!

So the I had my 1st mid-terms for a subject called Financial Markets & something-something (yeah, I still  am not even sure of the name). I had to submit it by Sunday-Midnight. I had known about it for more than a week; and also known about upcoming midterms since I started this class 1.5 months back. 8-10 chapters (I am not exactly sure) have been completed and this mid-term was covering 6 chapters. I had not even read the first one completely. And as usual, I was delaying it since so many days that I'll do it later (called procastination). And the Sunday came but I had not even started; Sunday evening happened and I had not even started.. WOW!! I finally started at 5 in evening and finished it by 8, yeah I did!! I read the chapters, found out the answer (luckily this was an objective type multiple choice questionnaire to be filled). This reminded me of old college days actually. Waiting till the exams time to start studying... we never studied the whole semster (but always thought during these exam study times that next semester onwards I'l study from begining, but it never happened ofcourse!!) but started the day-night exercise of extensive studying few days before the exams. Once I called one of my lecturer 2 days before the exams asking him the syllabus of his subject, you can guess how excited he was. However, always managed to pass first-class and good grades. But anyways, this was worst. 1.5 months study in 3 hourson the day of mid-terms.... wow!! ANother assignment submission is on coming Sunday, lets see how I do this time!! And yeah... after finishing the assignment, I treated myself with movie (we used to treat ourselves with movie even those days afterall). I watched My Name is Khan (my review can be read here) & Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief; both in theatre (by my formula of watch as many movies as you can with one ticket, lol). Percy Jackson was a nice movie, something like egyptian take on Harry Potter maybe.. it was fine!! So... I had fun writing assignments & then watching movies, that's life... Thanks for reading & keep visiting!!

No comments: