Monday, May 04, 2009

Please VOTE... but I won't!!

You must have been hearing this a lot lately (the 1st part) by different ads/campaigns etc & promoted by many celebrities, so I had to chip-in too (I have responsibilities too as to-be-celebrity naa). Please do vote as it is very important for you to exercise your right of vote as a responsible citizen. That would be your small contribution towards the development of our nation by picking the right leaders who can lead our nation to growth & prosperity. It's a truth that every vote counts; specially when people are winning by a margin of few hundred votes or even less sometimes. So it's time to use your vote as weapon to fight against corruption, poverty, terrorism and everything else; your right vote will take the nation in the right direction... this is your chance to make the difference!! If you do not know about the candidate at your place or want to check any other then you can visit MY-NETA. For any queries about voting etc, you may visit JAAGO-RE.
However, I know you guys are more interested in listening to why I say 'I won't'... If you guys remember that I didn't vote last time in Delhi Elections (read here) and I am thinking about not voting this time as well. The motive behind voting is to make a difference & make things better... but it doesn't really seems that I have any option of making things any better. Most of the parties & candidates are corrupt, shrewd, uneducated, uncivilized & worthless, are they going to make things better for us & our nation? I can go & vote for the best of the worst, but are we incapable of getting few good people out of more than a billion population? We can't select 545 good people out of this billion+ population? Actually we can't, because we do not have option available to select. And we do not eve have an easy option to say that we don't want to select, there is Article 49-O/Form 17-A but doesn't do much. I might try to do this if it works, however have heard that electoral officer are not happy to do this as it causes too much paper work & all that (why don't they make a button for it on the EVM). Lets see what I'll do....
Anyways friends/foes/others... do try to go out & vote; if you are confused like me then go out & try to do the "not/cancelled vote", but do it. Sp, what do you think about this? And what are you planing to do? In the mean time, please keep blogging and keep reading & commenting on my blogs. This is RAHUL saying, Good Bye & Good Luck... JAI HO, JAI HIND!!!!!

6 comments:

Rahul T. said...

No, it is not dumb... and if you think that you are making a difference by choosing some worthless candidate as a leader for the nation, you may be dumb & stupid. Bearing a crime meekly is as big crime as doing it. So better not be part of it & prepare yourself for a change. We, the youth of India have to make that change. It definitely won't come by not voting, but voting wont make it any better as well right now. So lets bring the right candidate & vote for them, or become the right candidate & get votes.
I hope you undersand, and if you don't its your view & we all have rights to our opinion in a democracy. Hopefully you can atleast learn to respect others opinion & be polite enough while saying something. Thanks for reading & commenting though :)

Praveen Kumar Sinha said...

no matter what is said or written but by not voting on anything(and i mean anything) you are actually making the system more add-on to be corrupt..

If you are not interested in voting the wrong candidate(if all are equally wrong) then vote to any of his/her competitor, who is against the candidate who is going to win it(as per you)

It is called the way out... just by writing cheese line blogs and all you are not making any difference, it would had been better if you have asked people to know about "right of not to vote" and thats too way before elections so that people can hear and react

and please i am not offending anybody here and i voted too :)

Rahul T. said...

Thanks for the comment Praveen, I am glad this post made you write. It should be cheesy line & not cheese lines; and I don't think I have used cheesy lines :)

I did try to promote about 'right to not vote' this time and earlier too but yes, I should have tried earlier & better. However using right to not vote is very tough right now. But making the system more corrupt by not-voting or voting to competitor doesn't makes sense to me. If I think all the candidates are wrong how can I vote against any of them? And if they all are bad, anyone who wins wont make it any better. If you end up voting for a candidate who's less wrong than others maybe, he'll still not do any good and cause harm to the nation. may be less but he still will...
I do not think that I am contributing in anyway by not voting, but I have an agenda against voting. I am those set of people who really want to vote, but can't because they don't find anyone worth voting as most of them are no good. I have decided to not vote until I find the right candidate to vote for, or become a right candidate myself!!

Anonymous said...

What appalls me is that this time, there were a LOT of good candidates who were standing up. However, people like you who do not even do their homework on candidates and just simply pick up cool ideas (suddenly popular after 26/11) of 'not voting' or 'not paying taxes' say that they are contributing!

I heard of people like you but never read a personal opinion though. I also agree with the first commenter that this is indeed dumb. And sorry for not being 'polite'. It's people like you who are spoiling our system by not voting and being proud of it.

Anonymous said...

Lol, the honest fact is that it' dumb people like you who do not even know the truth about candidates & think they are voting for right people. And they stupidly think they are COOL just because they go out & vote. Its not just voting but voting for right people which is important. as Rahul said, bring the right candidate & vote for them, or become the right candidate & get votes!!

Rahul T. said...

Hmmm, thanks for the comments people!! It's really nice to see that people do care. I wrote another blog after this expressing my further views:
http://iambetterthanthebest.blogspot.com/2009/05/lets-make-india-better-best.html
And then another on results:
http://iambetterthanthebest.blogspot.com/2009/05/rahuls-magic-worked-for-congressupa.html
I don't have much more to say except that. Good Luck & Jai Hind!!!!