Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Happy Navratri-1 2011... Fasting is Good!!

Jai Mata Di.... Let's ROCK. I wish Happy Navratri every year, here's the one from last year & from year before that. So, just wanna say one thing, FYI: Navratri is twice a year... One is Vasant/Chaitra Navratri (around March/April) & other is Sharad Navratri (around October/November). Seems like most of the Indians in US (specially Gujratis) think its only once a year in Winter with Garba & stuff. So I'l be doing my fasting for 1st & last day, which means Fruit & vegetables only diet, same as I do every Tuesday. Navratri-1 2011 started yesterday with my 1st day of fasting and I have my Tuesday fast today, 2 days in a row. And restricted diet for rest of the days. Fasting is good, read this article from New York Times which says that too. So... lets all fast together, get healthier & live life better. JAI MATA DI!!!


One small update I forgot to mention. I went to get my fruit Salad at the Cart on Wall Street but I forgot to take my wallet. I talk to this guy every time I see him, say Hi & stuff. As I didn't have my wallet, he was totally cool & said I can pay next time. Just mentioning here, that how small things like making contacts/relationships & being nice to people can pay in any/many ways & is good....

No comments: