Sunday, April 10, 2011

A.A.M.W.

A.A.M.W. - Another Awesome Movie Weekend (after last one)!! That should tell you that I saw movies (more than one) over the weekend. All on Awesome NETFLIX. Here's the list:
  • Hot Tub Time Machine: 7/10 - It's a nice fun silly movie. Like Hangover but more crude. Had some shitty humor in beginning but got lil subtle by mid. Good performances & interesting concept I have to say. More fun if 80s was your 'coming off the age' period (not me!!), or otherwise too. Rob Corddry is funny (funny looking, too) and others did well too. Everyone may not be able to connect that well though, & also kinda a stoner movie so not for everyones genre.
  • Raajneeti: 8.5/10 - Awesome... It's Indian Mahabharat in modern times Politics world with a hint/touch of The Godfather. I liked it more than Godfather in some ways. Godfather is just an awesome movie, I might give it 10/10. But this movie did very well on some scales. Like taking no sides & making all characters with a mix of all shades. Performances are good, not awesome. Ranbir is good but not awesome, he had scope to do much more. I think Abhishek was better in Sarkar. But the story line, camera work, screenplay & direction is great. Lot of credit goes to Prakash Jha, the director of this movie. I really liked this review of the movie. Maybe should give 9? Maybe write  a separate full blog about this...
  • 127 Hours: 7/10 - One of the biggest problem is that you know the plot. You know he's gonna get stuck & then cut his hand to get out. It's all about when & how? But the good thing is, its a true story. James Franco is very good, I like him. Danny Boyle has done great job with his direction. Camera Work is really nice. All & all an interesting movie to watch, but nothing too awesome or mind-blowing about it.
The weather was finally lil warmer over the weekend. Not warm/fun enough for Spring I have to say. Was mostly home except lil shopping/exchange. I had 3-6 months old Trouser pants from Macys & Boots from Burlington Coat factory. I just bought them out of shopping impulse (spent lot of time & chosing & deciding) but found the shoes really tight fitting & trousers too expensive later. I went w/o receipt so they cant track dates. Burlington gave me store credit for $10 less, as the new price on bot was $10 less. However Macys could trace the purchase by scanning the pants and they gave me full refund on my credit card, WOW - I like MACYS. So that was the weekend, hope you had a good time too. Keep visiting, reading, commenting (no one does any more) & enjoying.... JAI HO!!

No comments: