Wednesday, March 02, 2011

24 hrs of no-water fasting... OM NAMAH SHIVAAY, HAPPY MAHASHIVRATRI!!

Today is Maha Shivratri, celebration of lord Shiva. I am on a no-water fast for all day. Sounds crazy?? I like it, I always did. I was on my fruit & vegetable only fast yesterday too. That's every Tuesday. I think fasting is good. It's cleansing your body & purifying your system. Considering how much crap we put, system totally needs cleaning, right?? It's also about self discipline & control, which I really like (I am very disciplined & controlled?? LOL).

I went to the only temple in Manhattan - RamaKrishna Temple at 96 Av B. They had all night celebrations with puja & lot of other stuff. They also had a nice Bharathanatyam dance presentation. & then meditation too. That's when I just left. No food & water for more than 24 hrs is getting on to me. So leading now. Happy Shivratri, fasting & just be happy.... Jai Ho!!

2 comments:

shovon said...

I am taking inspiration from you to start fasting on auspicious days..I was going through some of your writings and started to admire you..youths here in my locality,most of them are blindly following what they believe as western culture..I pity them.I wish every man should have a rounded and balanced personality (If I am not wrong!)..like you.goodluck.

Rahul T. said...

Thanks Shovon jee, I appreciate your comment & praise. I am just doing what my parents taught me growing up. It has lot of mental, spiritual & even physical benefits. Fasting done correctly is good for health & even scientists have proved that:

http://iambetterthanthebest.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-navratri-1-2011-fasting-is-good.html

I looked at some of your blogs, you started really well but guess had to stop for some reasons. Please keep it up & keep visiting/reading/commenting... Thanks!!