Monday, July 04, 2011

Hurt Again... I injured/broke my thumb

First, Happy Independence Day & 4th July!!... Second, it totally sucks. Not 4th July, my injured/broke thumb. Total Bummer... How? We went for White water rafting to Harpers Ferry West Virginia. As per RiverRiders, the place we went to, 'White Water Tubing' is there most popular & exciting sport. They put you in a tube in the river & you flow down through the rapids. No protective gear like helmet, gloves etc or paddles; you just have to use your hands. They do give you a life jacket thankfuly so non-swimmers like me & you cna put there life in danger (just kidding!!). It's lotta fun actually. Very different form rafting & very independent too. If you are not with big team or wanna try something new, tubing is kinda cool. They had this luxury tube with cup-holder & bottom too, so its liek mini raft of yours. You could pick flat-water tubing but the adventurer in me wont do anything less than  AWESOME, which in this case meant White Water Tubing. It went well, I had a good time.

EXCEPT... There was a big rapid/mini fall & I got stuck by the flow in there. I did think it'll be more adventurous so I went for it. It was kinda cool but the tube flipped over & I fell out. I hit my right thumb on a rock & it was injured. Not bent or anything but swollen & hurt, really HURT. But I continued the sport with some help from "awesome people". Went to historic town of Harpers Ferry & had nice Dinner there. AND then drove all the way back to Virginia too. The next morning was not good. Thumb was hurting & swollen & I thought I had a fracture. I ran to Urgent Care and they did an X-Ray saying there is no fracture but just some subluxation at MCP Joint i.e. the second joint of right thumb may be little dislocated. Suggested to see Hand Orthopedic. Gave  me a sad looking finger splint to put on thumb.

Anyways... also watched the July 4th Fireworks in DC, awesome but too short, just 15 mins?? And also watched Transformers 3 (6/10), Kinda nice. All in all, still had a nice weekend!! What about you????

No comments: