Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good Weekend - Journal Square/Harry Potter 8 & Super 8

The week didn't start as nicely with the news of Hand Surgery. This weekend was supposed to be celebration weekend for my 1 year completion in NYC. It was celebrated by me finding a new place in Journal Square, Jersey city to move out of NYC. Ironic.. huh?? I think it's fine. I have kinda finalized on this place which very close to PATH Station, 5-10 min walk south/south-west of it. Let's try Jersey & see how it works out.

Then went for Harry Potter 8 last night, quite an ordeal. We had thankfully tickets in advance & went an hour early but still were way back in line & had to sit on side row. It's because we watched it in IMAX 3D which is $19, so expensive. Sometimes it seems like this whole IMAX & specially 3D is just a scam to mint more money from people. And AMC gave such cheapo glassed which sucked & I was very unhappy. The movie is alright, 6/10. I expected better. I think it's the worst movie in the series. Specially the second half which is so ungrand & unconvincing. They are trying to be funny & cheesy & it just didn't seem to work. Expect poor Snape who did make few 'people' cry. The ordinary & silly way Voldemort died was pathetic. Not the finale I expected.... But still, it's kinda funny to see Harry & friends grow old like this. It's like our kid who were small & young in front of us & now grown up. Goodbye Harry Potter & friends...... I also saw Super 8. You have to see 2 movies to recover the expensive cost of movies I guess. It's a nice (8/10) sci-fi/horror movie, right between E.T.  & Cloverfield. Also watched Tees Maar Khan (4/10) on Netflix and Incredible Hulk (7/10) & Pirates of Carribean 3 (7/10) on T.V.

So... who do you think will be next Harry Potter? Any opinions/suggestion about Journal Square & Jersey City?? I have the hand surgery coming this week, let's see what do I have to report. Until then.... Thanks, Goodbye & Good Luck!!

No comments: