Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hand in 4 week cast / Dinner Cruise in Manhattan

So I went for  doctor's review after last week's hand surgery. The 7 stitches were taken out, although pin has been left in, with the new blue cast which I have for 4 weeks. I have to go back after 4 weeks when they take the pin & cast off & then I have to go through occupational therapy until I get my strength & motion back. My right hand did look thinner & weaker than left hand (like it's starving), but otherwise it's okay so far. The new fiber casting is quick & impressive. It's like a wrap which they wrap around after putting some cotton base, then applied some sorta medical lubricant & it hardened into a cast in few minutes. I had choice of white/blue/black color; I picked blue because it's darker but you can still write on it... So, Doctor says it's all okay, so I have to take his word. I'll only know when I get my hand fully back!!

In the evening we went for a dinner cruise (7-10pm) with Bateaux Cruise New York from Chelsea Piers. It goes all the way to Interpid first & then back south to Downtown & then towards east side of Manhattan until Empire State - cross Manhattan Bridge & then very close to Statue of Liberty (it's beautiful at night) & then back. The food was nice on the cruise & live music was very good. Only bad thing was their photographer, who was really mean/selfish & bad. Tried to force people to buy pictures, not give enough time to think or try good positions, just ridiculous.... Anyways, overall we had a wonderful & great time!!... You should try it too, if you can, & feel free to ask any questions/comments..... I am HERE

No comments: