Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend....

This Thanksgiving was nice. Didn't do much though.. What did I do? What did we do?? Was at home all day. We had a nice lunch I think & normal dinner. No turkey, ofcourse. Did watch Parineeta (8/10), very nice movie. What else? Nothing I think.. Oh yeah, we didn't go out. I mean, we didn't go to Thanksgiving Parade as my dad was not up to it. So, we just watched it on TV. Although we did go for Black Friday Shopping to Best Buy & Target after midnight. It was my first time & it was cool to see huge lines & find people waiting since 5 pm in evening. FUN, I would say...

I worked (from home) on Friday, so nothing happened. Really nothing!! Except I did watch Your Highness (5/10). However Saturday was the real FUN-Day. We went on our road-trip aka long-drive to Bear Mountain. It's awesome. It's surprisingly nice to see/realize that there are so many nice natural places around NY/NJ, mountains, hikes, rocks, beaches, forests etc-etc. It's just cool. You don't really realize that when you are living in the city aka Manhattan. But anyways, Drive to Bear Mountain is nice, & so is Bear Mountain itself. Beautiful scenic view, nice trails, good hiking & all that stuff. There is State Line (something) on the way & that's nice too. A nice view of Hudson River & the town on the river. On our way back, we went to Rangnath Temple in Pamona. It's a nice temple with prasaadam (holy food) available round the clock. It's nice, calm & serene as well with lovely design/architecture & beautiful environment. Went to Macy's before returning & bought a nice Coat for Dad, with >60% discount. A very good day indeed!!

Sunday was slow & relaxing. Just awesome food again. I mean, awesome food is being made by MnD, mostly Mother, everyday. We did watch Aarakshan (7/10) on my dad's special demand. It's a nice movie with good concept & very good performances. Although, the execution seems to weaken in second half where movie loses its direction, and from grueling discussion of Reservation system in India, it becomes about Education & Private tuition & Coaching center & Poor basic education etc. Still not bad, but movie loses its rhythm, the note it set in beginning. Good overall. Although, my Thanksgiving weekend was great, just great overall. So, what do I say? Just THANKS.

No comments: