Saturday, November 19, 2011

MnD in Manhattan & Hugo 3D (8/10)

We finally went to visit Manhattan today.. me, MnD & Tani. After a nice & elaborat enorth indian thal/meal - paratha, palak paneer, aloo bhindi, dahi vada, arhar/toor daal, salad & kheer; we went out to  the city. Took PATH from Jersey City (to get 25% discount with PATH Smartlink Pass, you need to buy 10 trips for $15 or more) & then Subway to Central Park. Enjoyed the skating rink in Central park (just watching) and then the swing on children's park (I am very good with swing, very good!!). Took a walk to Columbus Circle where they have put two new elephant statues, seems  there are lot more all the way uptill 200 street or so. Then walk to & through Times Square (the second center of the world). My dad just loves Times Square, reminds me of my initial love for Times Sq. I think it has that charm, you see it first time & you are in awe, the lights, the buildings, the signs, the people, the place & everything is awesome. Although, after living just 3 blocks from there, for more than a year, walking through Times Sq every day with  all those tourists around & all that; you just get sick of it. I didn't :-)

The next stop was AMC Times Sq.. I had invitations for Hugo 3D Premiere in NYC, an upcoming movie directed by Martin Scorsese, based on The Invention of Hugo Cabret written by Brian Selznick. Brian's partner is friend of my last Roommate's girlfriend. Anyways, it's a nice movie about this boy Hugo, who winds clocks ina station in Paris & is trying to fix this automaton, his father was trying to fix before his death. And thers is osmething weird about the old man at the Toy Store, George Melies. Surprisingly enough, half of it aka the story about George is true, inspiring!!.. So, that was all about my awesome weekend.. really awesome!!

No comments: