Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Independence Day India!!

Today is Indian Independence Day. India was liberated from British Rule in 1947, on this day. It's been 64 great years of Independence. I hope we understand the true meaning of it, & the sacrifices many-many people made to make this happen. I hope we are able to take our independent great country on our shoulders to greater heights of success & prosperity. And we all have to chip in, every single person counts. So let's do our bit & make it happen.... JAI HIND, JAI BHARAT!!!
Last year, I went to the NYC Indian Independence Day Parade; this year maybe Jersey or Washington DC (Press Statement byHillary Clinton for today). Preity Zinta was the Flag Carrier plus Sridevi (like anyone cares about her.. actually ppl do) was a guest too. Was kinda cool. I hear they do it third Sunday of August, so maybe next Sunday... Today reminds me of childhood too. There is no fancy parade like January 26 Republic Day Parade on Independence Day. Only flag hosting etc. As a kid, we used to have flag hosting in the school in morning & rest of the day off. That was the high of the day, plus getting the pack of sweets 'boondi or boondi laddoo'. Which I never liked, but would try to get as many as I can, just to boast about it. LOL, sweet memories...... Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Indians & to our great nation of India - VANDE MAATRAM!!!!

No comments: