Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake in New York.... Hurricane Irene coming!!

Well, some of you might have heard that already that yesterday there was an earthquake in East Coast U.S. affecting Virginia, Washington DC, New York and even North Carlina & Boston areas. I didn't feel anything, guess I am used to 'rocking the world'. I think it's good I didn't feel it i.e. it was not bad enough.  No serious/considerable damage, it was quite lemurable.. oops, I mean bearable. But people at work said they did. Some buildings around here were evacuated in Downtown NYC, not ours. I was at Chipotle getting my lunch, no affect/reaction there, just get your food in loud/crowded environment. Last time I did see/feel something was in India during the great earthquake of 2001 in Bhuj, Gujarat. I was at Mother Dairy booth in New Delhi, buying milk & I see this high rise building swaying. The guy said nothing happened but then we heard news of earthquake in Bhuj. Nature is strong, very powerful. Even with all advancement & technology, we cannot control natural calamities. Katrina & other hurricanes, earthquake in Japan & all of that. I hear that there is a Hurricane Irene coming here. Good Luck, to all of U.S.!!
My Dad's reaction/response:....
Yaa bete,
Saw public reaction... People are gathered here n there. THANX GOD, it's not of higher scale. May GOD bless and save people of America.
AAYUSHMAAN bhao bete. Take care.
 Your loving DaD
....... (OPEE)

No comments: