Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tony Awards.. I can't believe I haven't seen Broadway yet!!

Even when I have been visiting NYC for4 years & been living here since almost one year; and I am supposed to be an artist, a theater performer & appreciator myself & all that, but still. I have been visiting stand-up comedy shows & even some plays but not a single Broadway or even off-Broadway show yet. What a SHAME.... I realized this after watching a wonderful performance of 65th Tony Awards last night. Presented by Neil Patrick Harrison who opened the show with a "comic" and edgy number "arguing that Broadway, with its con artists, Mormons and nuns this season, is 'not just for gays anymore.'" (is it??). No Comments... There was a show/stand off (click here to see) between him & Hugh Jackman (3 times Tony Host & Emmy winner for one his hostings) which was pretty cool too. & Lots of performances from different Brodway shows which were nice. The one with Daniel Radcliffe (yup, the Harry Potter.. he sings & dances) for How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying  was pretty cool too. I really wanna see The Book of Mormon (Romney) as well which won the Best Musical Award. My other favorites are The Lion King & War Horse & many others too (any suggestions?). I did want to see Spiderman too, but with all the recent reviews & jokes, I am not sure if it's worth risking my life. In addition to the CBS television broadcast, the ceremony was simulcast live to Times Square and included the Tony Awards Red Carpet and the complete Tony Awards show, including the Creative Arts Awards. I was there for while in beginning but decided to go back & watch from home cuz of weather, time concerns & my sickness...

On that note, I have been little sick (feeling between 50-80%) since Saturday & going out in weekend for Belmont Stakes and not enough rest (maybe) and the weird weather (for sure) of hot & cold & rain & thunder-storms etc was not very helpful either. I did go to gym both Friday & today and did some weight training, as doctor has said that my shoulder is better & I can go back to doing some weights. What else?... Why don't you guys tell me something?? I still need to go back & update my vacation blogs. I've been so lazy/lousy after coming back form vacation. I guess it's not that easy to turn off vacation mode & get back to normal, especially after such an awesome vacation like mine. Anyways, Hope I feel better & so do you. Thanks for visiting/reading/commenting (more will be appreciated :), until next time - B-Bye!!

No comments: