Saturday, June 11, 2011

I enjoyed Stakes... Belmont Stakes

Today was the day of Belmont Stakes 2011 & I really enjoyed it. No wonder people are crazy about horse racing (not as much though I hear). We ended up betting $64 & won $48, which is not bad considering first $10 was practice/trial & another $20 got screwed because of all the top horses 'Animal Kingdom, Nehro, Mucho Macho Man, Shackleford & Master of Hounds' (look at the names, they sound like Fantasy Super Heroes or something??) were not competent enough to even make it to any of the top 3 slots (called 'show' in horse racing). The winner was Ruler on Ice (apparently he has a Wikipedia page for him, I should've checked that & that would've told me that he's better than the other 3 horses). It was a rainy day (yep, yet again... rainy & COLD after a heat wave all week) & apparently most of these horses suck at raining in mud which I should've been told earlier, they should put this on the ticket, 'Horses suck when it rains & its muddy' (like I would've done something different then). This whole horsey thing started after watching Secretariat & now I am watching horse racing & betting money. Phew!! 

Anyways, the day ended with a nice Indian dinner at Sagar Restaurant in Jamaica, Queens, NY. Oops, actually the day ended with Apollo13 the movie on Netflix. It's a nice movie (7/10) with good performances & nice visuals etc. I was at NASA just few days ago so it feels even nicer. so BTW, the day started (i.e. previous night, after midnight) by watching The Missing Lynx which was nice too (6/10). Good to see foreign (Spain) animated movies, very different & innocent & childish humor & feel good movie. That's it for this one, keep visiting/reading/commenting. Until next time... Good bye & Take care!!


No comments: