Thursday, June 09, 2011

Black Eyed Peas & Friends Concert in Central Park, New York - Got canceled :)

& I still had a agood time. How? Well... It's a long story. There was this Black Eyed Peas & Friends (Taylor Swift, LL Cool J, Debbie Harry (of Blondie), Carol King, Natasha Bedingfield and more appearing) concert from Red Robin Hood Foundation in Central Park New York today. I won four tickets as part for a contest with lucky draw (you make "donations", but don't pay for the ticket). I sold 2 tickets to this retired FDNY guy. He took half an hour inquiring & ensuring I & ticket are genuine before buying, although I was cool because of my experience last time. Being inquisitive is not wrong & he seemed like a good guy. I sold him two tickets for $70 (he payed me $60 & said will pay $10 after the concert when we meet, or when he gets in). I was hapy cuz he seemed good guy & he is retd FDNY guy Greg which I respect. People were selling these tix for $100+. I sold another ticket to this guy for $50 who came at 2 am in night to buy this ticket, driving half an hour from outside the city. People are crazy for such stuff, aren't they. Anyways, I reach for concert at 5.30 pm (leaving early form work.. earlier than usual) and gates haven't opened which were supposed to be open at 3 pm. It was rescheduled to 4.00 pm first because of heat& then 7.30 pm because of thunderstorm. It started thundering & raining actually. I met Greg & his friends & was hanging out with them. Seeing the rain, they rescheduled it again to 8.30 pm. We were in some restaurant at Upper West Side so we were having nice time. At 8, guess what? They canceled the concert. And because no one officially paid for the ticket (it was all donation), they don't even have to reschedule I guess. Sucks for people who were hanging in rain from 12 pm & came from far places. I hung out with Greg & his friends all over Upper West Side & had a good time still.

Rest been okay. Really HOT in NYC now. We humans have a tendency to complain... Cold & Hot & Rain & this & that... whatever we can complain about. Everything else is okay here. Just feel bored/tired/weird after coming back from Vacation. Vacation was so much fun. Anyways, it happens. So, until Next time... good Bye, Take Care & Jai Ho!!

No comments: