Sunday, July 26, 2009

10 days in Boston...

So I haven't written for quite long & many of you must have been waiting (or my be happy that I am shut up!!). I have been in Boston for 10 days & it has been good & bad. I have been in pain ofcourse because of my back injury & have visited doctors @ MGH twice. They tell me I have no fractures & I'll get better, but will take some time to heal totally. The Percocet I got last time was weird though, made me sicker so I am off it & on to strong dose of Ibuprofen & Cyclobenzaprine. Then medicines keep me dizzy/drowsy but the pain is improving. I hate medicines & I really hope I get fine soon.
I am staying in http://www.marriott.com/BOSCM here which are really nice, way better than those Extended Stays of Virginia or Kansas. They have large LCD TV with cable, full fledged kitchen with all amenities & utilities, attached bathroom, full furnisihing & everything, No need to worry about housekeeping, cleaning or even paying bills. Also they have daily nice American breakfast (bread, scrambled eggs, juice, oatmeal, bagels, donuts etc) & evening snacks (brownies, Doritos, salad, cookies, soda etc) too. I am liking it!! The hotel is close to Kendall Metro station of MBTA which we use for daily commuting to office & usual traveling. We don't get to rent cars here because we don't need it because of metro & parking is very expensive everywhere in Boston. And yeah, Boston is damn expensive man. The cigarettes cost here $10 a pack (& that doesn't says I smoke, i might have just found out)!!
So, on monday I went to my new WMC office (Wellington) dressed in full business formals. I bought 2 business suits before coming here just for this, one dark blue & other dark gray. I was wearing a tie for 1st time after school & it feels weird. I really don't understand who came up with this idea of wearing a long flat ropey clothe in neck which has to be tied in a particular fashion only. I haven't been able to learn to tie a tie still, my dad used to do it for me when I was in school & he did it again for me. He has tied the 3 ties I have got & I am wearing just those; not sure how will I manage once they are untied. Haven't worn a tie & business suit ever in my professional career of 4-5 years but they do look good. The office is okay too & I am getting adjusted...
I was feeling better this weekend so did some things. I went to a club called Middlesex near hotel in Cambridge area, it wasn't too good. Had to wait almost an hour to get in as I went around 12 & it was damn crowded & boring. Ofcourse I couldn't dance or drink as I am on medication (& that doesn't means I drink or I would have drunk if I was not on medication). Then today I went to Revere Beach too. It's not far & you could just take metro to get there. The beach kinda stinks but I like the sound of water & ocean. There were a lot of people there too & nice sand caricatures etc.
Anyways, its too much for today i guess. Please read out my previous 2 blogs about my travel to Boston from Delhi & the visit to Emergency Room in Boston. I would sign off for now & will try to come back soon. Till then... keep reading, commenting & enjoying. This is RAHUL saying Good Bye & Good Luck... JAI HO!!!!!

No comments: