Monday, January 30, 2012

Quite a Weekend.. Really!!

Why? Well.. it all started on Friday when I was supposed to take Bolt Bus to DC from Newark and I ended up on bus to Boston.. yeah!! The driver checked the ticket and didn't say anything and I thought it was bus to DC as it was on same spot & boarded it. No announcements made either.. Half way through I realized I am on wrong bus and asked the driver, he tells me I need to go to Boston & take another Bus back. WTF? I call customer care & they get me to dispatch, which tells me to get off at rest stop Burger King & they'll have bus to NY from Boston pick me &take to NYC where I can take bus to DC. They talk to driver about location & the idiot again screws up by giving them wrong location. I end up waiting 4.5 hrs at that stop when after making five calls, finally a bus shows up. I get in NYC at 10 where I finally board Megabus (which I don't like, but they came to my rescue) to DC reaching DC at 2 in night after 15 hrs of journey.. Could have made to India in that time!!

Next day i.e. Saturday, paid a visit to National Zoo in DC with Tani. Small zoo, but okay. Orangutans & Gorrillas there are nice & active & smart seeming. Orangutans take the high rope & fly across one cage to another, was fun to watch. One was pissing & pooping while hanging in air, weirdo.. The other specialty is Giant Panda. They were being leased fro $1 Million until recently and now US is paying $500,000 to China. All they do, is sit & eat Bamboo. For that kinda money, they should do a dance show or something... Regardless, it was fun but the evening was not. Went to Amy's birthday party at PF Chang in Arlington where I was served with completely wrong dish, extreme opposite of what I ordered. The manager came & apologized & all that, but still.. very-very bad.. We did get free appetizer coupons  and $45 gift card for me & Amy each. So anyways, all in all, it was REALLY.. QUITE a WEEKEND!!

No comments: