Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Got my New Jersey License & Car Regn.

So, today I got my New Jersey Driving License. Also, got the Car Title & Registration, moved to New Jersey. I went to the center in Jersey City and it wasn't bad at all. Took like an hour or so to get all 3 done. I was impressed how easy it was. For license, just make sure you have proper 6 point verification documents. Go to the reception, where they give you 2 small forms. Fill all info, get the documents verified, get picture taken & get license in few mins (this does not include driving test). Title & registration was even easier, just make sure you have original title on you and rest is taken care of by filing 2 small forms with car & your NJ DL info. Getting personalized plate is little pain as you have to get it from Trenton DMV or do it online. Also.. for change/transfer, I also had to call Virginia DMV & County Tax office to tell them of move so they can cancel my registration & not charge me any car tax. (One bad thing is that Virginia does not refund your registration money back unless its more than 6 months :-()

It's been as low as 10 F(-12 C). My room was so cold last night, I almost couldn't sleep. I have steam heating, which I think is very good, makes it more than 80s sometimes & I have to crack the window open, but been cold last 2 days. Maybe it was because of this very cold weather or there is a window open somewhere in the house. Need to check....

No comments: