Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My meeting with Amrtya Sen...

So I finally met Amartya Sen today. Who Amartya Sen??? C'mon.... well I do not know all the nobel prize winners of this world (neither do I care much); but Amartya!! He's the only alive Indian Nobel prize winner (I know that we don't care about Nobel Prize much since some President won it for doing nothing but just trying!!) & also is Bharat Ratna. He's also father of Nandna Sen (she's really pretty, sweet &...), if you care!! The meeting was short & sweet; he's a very busy guy ofcourse. I went with my dad for the meeting at his office in Harvard University. He asked me about my career & life and talked nicely about all other stuff. You know, he loves mangoes, that's one secret I found out!! Honestly, I don't care about seeing celebrities much (seriously I don't, I guess.. unless I get to see them!!). I never run behind them to get an autograph or get a photograph taken. I mean what good does a autograph do or what memory is a mere photo (unless you get to sell them & make good money... can you imagine, people are dumb enough to pay for that!!). I would always like to meet such great people though, where I can spend some time with them & talk to them & learn from them & appreciate & admire them (yeah, like thats all they have been waiting for... my appreciation & admiration!!). This was one such meeting & I really enjoyed it. Great wishes from all of us, for all you have done... Thanks Amartya!!

No comments: