Tuesday, June 09, 2009

What's going on... Read 'Inscrutable Americans', had 'Foot-Corn Surgery'

That's the question I have all the time in my mind these days... what's going on?? There are times in your life when you don't know what's exactly happening with your life and you just get driven by whatever's happening around you. Is it the right thing to do?? Maybe or maybe not. But many times you do not even have an option to consider right or wrong, you just have to go with the flow of things thinking "it's happening for the best or atleast for a reason". And as I have said, the "reason" is in question; because unless I am able to understand the reason how can I be happy, or atleast satisfied... It seems asking for being satisfied is to much these days!!!!
FYI... I read Inscrutable Americans (IA) by Anurag Mathur. It's a very nice book, i liked it. (I had also really liked 5 Point Someone & One Night @ Call Centre by Chetan Bhagat; infact I am also reading 3 Mistakes of My Life these days.) These books are basically based on author's personal experience/observation in usual life and they add some spice/fiction/literature it. And on some level we are able to connect or relate to that and find these stories very exotic & entertaining. That could be one reason I liked IA a lot, because I have had my enlightening experience of US of America & Americans (but nothing like Gopal please, even better!!). His way of writing is quite funny & sporty, also his understanding of both Indian & American culture/mindset makes the book really interesting, even the language used for both Indian (Gopal saying "and all that", lol) & American is cool. He has done a good job, I really liked the book & enjoyed reading it.
Next news is... I had foot-corn since many days and was in pain. Tried using foot-corn tape , but didn't help much. You have to put these medicinal tape for few days & it softens or actually melts your skin so u can scrap the corn; but it doesn't knows difference between skin & corn; spoiled my whole skin around the area. So finally had to visit Doctor, he gave some medicines & suggested surgery (his idea & chance of minting money from me I guess!!). It's a minor surgery done with local anesthesia (but even minor surgeries cost major money, now I realise); the corn is removed from root which ofcourse causes lots of pain (pain also because you have to pay for it) & bleeding (my heart was bleeding, ohh my money!!). As most of you might know that I hate seeing blood & all that so I didn't dare see anything. (I guess I have a phobia of needles/blades & i hate piercing, tattooing or mutilating your body in anyways unless for these surgeries & 'all that'). So I am in lot of pain right now and ofcourse it sucks.. hope I get well very soon!!
Any experiences with foot-corn, these books or just tell me 'what's going on??'. Also, enjoy my blogs about Old TV Days of DD & Obama's Cairo Speech. Till then friends & foes... keep reading, commenting and promoting (me & my blogs). This is RAHUL saying Good Bye & Good Luck... JAI HO!!!!!

No comments: