Monday, April 27, 2009

When I lost my 5 rupees coin....

There is not much going on these days except Delhi being super hot & me being super tired/exhausted all the time; so I thought of writing something from past stories. Recently one day when I was going to the GYM (yes, I go to gym!!) my sister asked me to get a gel-pen refill and gave me a Rs 5 coin for the same. I put it in my lowers pocket & went on for the workout... I was in gym and I did my regular hour long gymming routine. Then I left the gym and went to the store to buy the refill. I asked the guy that how much refill was for and he said that Rotomac (remember, likhte-likhte love ho jaaye!!) is Rs 6 & Reynolds in Rs 10. I told him that my sis told me that there's a refill for Rs 5 & I need that one, turns out that the Rotomac was being offered for Rs 5 as well (I didn't intentionally bargain but it happened, it happens only in India!!). I put my hands in pocket to take out the coin & alas... its not there. I must have lost in the gym I thought, but who goes back to search for a Rs 5 coin & all that. But then I decided to go & look... I went back to the gym & couldn't find it where i was working out. Little disappointed but decided to look more... and yes, it was lying under a bench!!!

I was so damn happy to find my coin back, never thought I could find a lost coin. I'll tell you a ... there was this small kid of 7-8 yrs old whose mom sent him out to market to buy some stuff. He came back with the stuff and handed it over to his mom with the remaining balance, turns out that he's handing over 50 paise less and he couldn't find it anywhere. Seems he must have lost it somewhere on the way. The mom asks the boy to go back and look for the coin and get it back. The boy doesn't wants to go back all the way, that too in night but he has to. He goes back searching for the lost coin on road & everywhere but comes back empty handed. (now you would be expecting that he was beaten rudely & ferociously by his mom and all that, read further....) His mom was waiting on the door for him when he came back, he told that he couldn't find the coin and she didn't say anything. Nothing else happened but the boy still remembers the story and learnt something form it... he learnt the value of money!!

You must have guessed by now that the boy was me (you gotta be really dumb if you couldn't figure that out yaar). I learnt that every paisa/penny has value and it counts. Hard earned money should always be respected.. and you should always try to look for your lost money, lolzz. I remember when I lost my Rs 100 note at DTC Pass Center in Scindia House CP. I was so sad & mad, looking for it everywhere and couldn't find it. It was a big amount & was all my saving from my pocket money. I requested god to do something and didn't talk to him for days for not giving my money back (! literally used to not wish pranaam to god at temples for some days. afterall we think that he's responsible for all that happens, he must be doing it intentionally). Many other occasions I suffered some miscellaneous losses like these or others but hardly was able to recover it. But then you realize that winning & losing is part of the life and every loss makes your next win even more special & cherished. Like getting this Rs 5 coin back!!

So what do you think, giving importance to every penny is right or letting it go as a part of the experience & then blaming god... Alright friends & people, that's it for now. Please keep blogging and keep reading & commenting on my blogs. This is RAHUL saying, Good Bye & Good Luck... JAI HO (I recently heard the pussycat version of the song and its nice)!!!!!

No comments: