Wednesday, March 11, 2009

बुरा ना मानो होली है... HAPPY HOLI!!!!

I really just love Holi and being home this Holi was great. Last year I was in DC and was really disappointed that nothing haapened all day on holi (we didn't even have an off ofcourse, US should have Holi as a holiday). However I went to a holi party in evening at a desi club which was fun. To see that same Indian flavor of music, dance & mast people was awesome. The usual guys dancing lunatically in groups, throwing colors & celebrating was cool to see (and in Indian style, the girls were either dancing with their partners only or just chatting in a corner). There were few americans as well & they were enjoying it too. Maybe it was not as good as my Indian Holi celebrations but it was lots of FUN. I remember my days as a kid when we used to celebrate holi in our Airforce Camp. the whole place is a family & we used to celebrate all day by making a group of our friends & visiting every home to play holi & eat nice sweets. Also we used to hide on roof-tops or terrace & throw colors or water balloon on people walking by (once an uncle got angry & came to roof chasing us, all of us had fled away except one of our friend & the uncle put hm in a water tank). That was awesome holi & I really miss that. Then we came to Delhi which is different but I still managed to catch some of my friends & try to celebrate with whatever few people I knew around. And that also has been nice. I did miss that last year so tried to do it this year; I also spent the remaining half of my day afternoon in Fun n Food water park with friends (its damn expensive though for a small water park, 450 bucks. And that too you have to pay 50 bucks more for a stag entry, thats really nice way of making money in India. either come as a couple & pay for your girl or just pay more as a punishment for being single). I also hurt my right shoulder/neck & left foot on a slide which is still in pain, but it was really lots of FUN!!!
I also consider holi as a day when you forget all enemies & woes to make friends and spread love. I had this nice friend in college whom I fought with & were not friends for almost an year, but holi came & we became the same cool friends forgetting all useless crap. That's the true spirit of Holi. And the next important thing is SWEETS: gujhiya, gulab-jamun, dahi-vada & lots of other awesome stuff (just forget the calories & say YUM. I almost lost one pack of my new found 2 pack due to holi sweets, the target is still 6 pack!!). My mom is definitely the best cook & best person in this world, whatever she makes is just awesome (me too!!)!! This holi was really an awesome experience, lets see what comes in future now. Anyways boys n girls and dear friends, that's it for now. Please keep blogging & keep reading my blogs (do COMMENT to let me know of your views too). This is RAHUL again saying, Good Bye & Good Luck... JAI HO!!!!!

No comments: