Thursday, January 08, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!!!

This one's coming pretty late, however I guess that was expected from me (when was the last time I was on time in blogging, ummmm... i guess, never!!). I thought I would write this on New Years Eve or New Year’s Day, but anyways it comes after a week in new year... A year (yep, it's called 'A year' & not 'An year' and even I was not sure before googling & checking it) is a long time in any person’s life; after all how many years do we get to live (I wish I get billions or even more, I guess I just love this world. Just I should remain young & handsome & awesome...), an year can never be considered short in that period. One calendar year has passed now and we have entered a new calendar year. People had celebrations, resolutions, new aspirations & some other ‘shuns’ maybe. Celebrations to drink all night & vomit till dawn & then drive recklessly to home & have a hungover 1st day of new year. New resolutions, half of which were not considered worthy enough to be even started on the New Year's eve itself and remaining half to be broken as it comes. And aspirations hoping this year would be better than all the past years (which hardly happens) and every coming year. Not sure about the other 'shuns'...

And Yes, I was saying calendar year because that’s what it is. After all what changes except a date on this day; we just have to start writing new year in the date which might take some time to get used to (luckily we hardly have to write dates anymore because of computers & all, otherwise I remember the days when we used to write the date on top of our notebook everyday in school. It used to be hell of a job to remember right date and it still is except fro my awesome watches). We keep mentioning through out the first week or more that this or that would happen in coming year realizing that the new year has already arrived. What’s the significance of New Year except a date, not as if we get richer or younger or more beautiful or anything else by change of the calendar. WOW, what if we wake up on New Year in a grand mansion being the richest & most handsome & awesome person in the world (which I already am, i meant about awesome & stuff and not the richest yet!!). Or we get a salary raise & promotion just because it's a new year. What is so special about new year for us, it's not like we are the only people to enter the new year & other's are left behind in the old year, lol (that would be special and ridiculous too; and definitely unique & special too, a reason to celebrate over others!!). Is New Year really a reason to party till dawn, get drunk & do all kinds of BS?? I guess it is, because all we need is just a reason to party & have fun; and this does seems like a reason, lol.

I am not against New Year celebration or parties though, they are all fun (in spite of the fact that I have just attended one in my entire life till now, that was in DC last year). I just don’t like the chaos people make in the name of New Year with the loudness & noise everywhere and getting drunk & having accidents/incidents (not a good start for a new year I guess). Or spending there money or time on something which they can’t afford (they should better use that money for something good, like give it to me!!), or just anything like that. What did I do… I was at home with my parents & sister. After last year’s partying out in Washington DC on New Year, this was my year to be back home. In last 25 years (yeah, that might mean I am 25, or may be just a random number I chose, lol) I have spent 22 New Year’s eve at home with my family. We sit together & watch TV, usually cut cake or have sweets at 12 and have fun. It is really nice to be with family on special occasions and that’s what I mostly do on festivals, birthdays, and anniversary (my parent’s of course) etc or even new year.

The last year has been good i guess, or nice or maybe just okay. I mean I am not sure, the year wasn’t bad at all but nothing too special as well. Lots of happenings have been mentioned in my past blogs. I wrote 21 blogs in 2008, that’s an achievement I think. It’s like 1.75 blogs every month (of course 0.25 had to be left as I am too lazy on writing blogs), or 3 blogs per month considering I wrote all of those in 7-8 months (and why am I making this average figures & all, does it actually changes anything… like that’s all I did all year, ugh!!). I visited many places all over the world (US-Kansas & Chicago, Philippines-Manilla & Cebu and India-Delhi, Chandigarh, Manali/Rohtang, Lucknow) and had lots of fun; made new friends & fiends maybe; bought guitar & laptop too; got my promotion (yeah, now doesn’t seems that exciting somehow); got operated (and it still sucks, I still have pain & it’s not healing or going away… seems something is wrong) and lots of other stuff which I have mentioned in blogs (yeah, I turned 25 as well, big achievement!!!). Lots of stuff happened, but nothing extremely special yet. I really hope & wish that this year is that special year of my life (now that’s where this new year comes in play when you start hoping for better or best things in a new year. All you couldn't do could be blamed on a bad past year & hope that new good stuff is waiting in new year. That's called being Positive!!!).

Also, recently 2 news have been up in airs. One about the war with Pakistan as the things are getting messy and other about the Satyam-Scandal. Both of them are disastrous, a very disappointing start for India in the New Year. We all know how dangerous wars are, innocent people loose there lives and country looses lots of its money & strength. In a war both the sides always loose, it's just that the side which looses more is considered defeated. Also this whole Satyam story is a big setback for Indian IT industry and economy. More than 5000 crore of money and 53000 people's jobs at stake is not a good sign. We know that many of these company’s do these kind of 'jhols' in the industry but at least they should not put the whole company or people at stake and not be able to even control it. Lets hope things will get better...

I have watched both Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (as suggested by 'wish on a star') & Ghajini, both are good movies and can be watched in theatre (& i mean movies should be watched in theatre, i am not suggesting to download & watch movies even if they are not good; just don't watch them. But if you do watch some, go to theatres or get genuine DVDs to watch them). Nothing too special as both have there flaws but fun too. Watch Rab Ne for a SRK & Chopra's usual romantic comedy fun, has some good cinematography & songs/dance too. SRK is cool as always & the new girl Anushka is good too (lil bit like Kajol, but not as awesome of course). The bad is that movie does not has a story worth stretching 2.5 hrs and goes illogical at many points (which is usual for any masala flick). DDLJ & Mohabattein were great so you would expect better from Adi (Aditya Chopra) though. Watch Ghajini for the new avatar of Amir (which is normal now as with every new movie he looks new & different). The movie has lots of action & some fun/comedy in flashback too, the new girl Asin is cool & bubbly (reminds of Rani, but not as good of course). The bad is that it's logical at very few points, or I guess hardly any. The mix up of action & comedy is lil jumbled and the movie is too loud & noisy at places. Watch MEMENTO for the real fun. So both these movies do not have great stories or an amazing plot, so don't expect anything special but just great performances & Nice Fun. I also watched Jumbo which is a cool kid's movie with poor/old animation but good Indian dubbing. Just to let you guys know it's not an Indian movie but a dubbed version of 2006 Thai movie Khan Kluay. I guess am watching & studying lots of movies these days!!!

Alright boys n girls and dear friends, that's it for now. Please keep blogging & keep reading my blogs (haven't seen many or any comments lately, means people may not be even reading my blog yaar!!!). This is RAHUL again saying, Good Bye & Good Luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!!!

No comments: