Saturday, October 10, 2009

Obama got Nobel Prize.... Really?? Seriously??

So... the news is that Mr Barrack Hussein Obama got the Nobel Prize for Peace (or watever). I mean... really?? seriously?? You know, I was kinda excited & happy when he became the President of USA, the 1st non-white (or African American) to be US President. Why was I happy?? I seriously have no idea. I mean... how does it affects me? I am not an American (not yet, lol!!), I am not of African descent, I am not even related to him in any way (except that I am non-white too or I would like to be a President too someday, that would be coooool!!). I had even added him on my myspace page, even before he became president. Even when I had no right to vote in USA, I was promoting him. I think we all have that humane side to us, the side of guilty conscious which makes us do many things we don't understand. I mean... it's always exciting to see an underdog go & win; to see a poor making money in a game show; or see a handicapped person dancing or competing in sports. I know... none of this is related to Obama because he was actually never unfortunate or anything I guess. But something different (or as they call it, historical) was happening & we were witness to that. & many of us appreciated it & liked it & enjoyed it!!
So finally he became president... & what has he done? 1st thing, how long has he been president? (wait, let me check wikipedia... yeah, less than 9 months). What could he do in such short time? Nothing significant I think. Well, I think he hasn't done anything significant anyways. Or maybe I missed something? Did he bring a lawful publicly elected government in Iraq or Afghanistan? Did he catch Obama & eliminated Terrorism? Did he resolve the international economic crisis & recession? Or did he discover life on another planet in universe? Whatever he did... I didn't hear any of it. Except lots of criticism on Daily Show & Colbert Report (yeah, that's where all my news comes from!!). But he has been awarded Nobel price for Peace (is it seriously PEACE or is it PIECE or PEES maybe). I am happy too... why?? Hmmm, it means that you really do not have to do much to get a nobel prize (which eventually increase my chances of winning a nobel prize so much!! Or else, the value of nobel prize would be so diminished that I wouldn't care about wining one!!).
However, I still do not hate Obama or anything. He's a fine guy who's done a good job to become what he has become and is (hopefully) working hard to do more good things & a great job. It's not easy being US president. You either end up caught weird relationships with your female staff or you end up bombing & invading other countries. He's still doing okay, isn't he? Ohh.. it hasn't been long enough to tell. Well, the Nobel committee thinks that he has done good enough to win a Nobel. Are you even listening?? But yeah, I do not hate Obama & wish him Good Luck. I really hope that he lives up to people's expectations & even crosses them and does a great job.
Anyways... I have not been writing for a LONG time (I know you were waiting, as always...lol!!). There is a lot to catch up & I'll try to put up old entries of my New York trip, visiting Ha Comedy Club and story of getting a Canadian visitor visa. Thanks for visiting and keep reading & enjoying (and commenting, c'mon people!!). This is RAHUL saying, Good Bye & Good Luck!!

No comments: