Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Book Of Mormon (8/10) ~ My Third Broadway Musical

HELLO - This is a week late, but better late than never.. So thanks to Tani again, I saw my third Broadway Musical The Book Of Mormon (although I did pay for the last one, Chicago) last Sunday in Manhattan, New York City. How was it? Well, you already saw my rating above, 8/10. So, if you are still reading, either you are my family or friend.. or you are doing your research on 'if you should watch this show' and want every input possible, ending you somehow to my site.. or you are one of my rare blog fans. So, thanks for reading. I mean, I'm going to talk about it, YES. But thanks of you are in the last 2 categories (if you are family/friend, just read).

The tickets were bought almost a year ago and are being sold at $100 more at other sites. The tickets are still sold out. And it was a house-full show. We got there right at time of the show and they didn't let people in until 5 mins before showtime. Also, the show started few mins late. And most of the original cast is changed now, except  as Nikki M. James as Nabulungi, which kinda sucks cuz the show that won 9 tony awards was with that cast and I think it matters.

Anyways, the show is really funny. The music is nice & songs and choreography are great too. I loved the songs 'Hello" & "I Believe'. Jon Bass plays Elder Cunningham lil over the top, seems trying to imitate his impression of Josh Gad. But still, the cast is great and does a great job. The show is very smartly written and is able to give a social message wrapped with some excellent humor. It does get tacky and lowly at places, but thats Matt & Trey for you (creators of South Park). But its a fun show to watch overall.. really fun!!

So.. yes, buy it watch it & enjoy it.I mean it & I BELIEVE....

No comments: